Shab and Bricia El Awar presented our club with award from the club from Mexico ( El Club Rotario de Cd. Juarez,A.C.) for our contribution to sending Kids with Cancer to Disneyland.
Rudy said the conference in Korea was a great conference. The people are very grateful
Nyron McClean reported on efforts to bring healthcare to Haiti – and had a photo presentation of the program under way there. The program was in the North, with an 11 hour ride on a dirt road to get there.
On this trip, they were able to screen 708 women for cervical cancer, the found 43 that were positive and were able to successfully treat 35. Nyron says that many of these people have never seen a doctor.
They are working of putting together a second trip, hoping to screen 1700 – 1800 women this time.
$1,600 of our DDf funds went to this project this year!
- We have positive cash flow! People who didn’t pay their bill before Obamacare do now! Well, actually, the government does – which helps.
- The have purchased a building in Running Springs, and are delighted with the new Rural Clinic there.
- The hospital has purchased the Medical Arts building next door – and is the largest tenant.
- They are working on a seismic retrofit of the hospital building – should be done in about a year - $4,000,000 worth.
- Once the seismic retro is done, they will build a new acute care wing to increase the bed count, which will allow an increase of beds for elder care.
- The monitoring equipment we donated has been a great help.
- They are looking forward to refinancing the outstanding debt next year to lower the cost.
Deborah presented 3 of our PRYDE Group!
We sent 5 to the PRYDE camp this year – there were 277 total campers, and 35 adult volunteers to run this year’s camp.
The students led the group in one of the PRYDE cheers: Chugga-Chugga-ChuggaChuggaChugga! – FUN!
- Ariana: GREAT time meeting people; definitely came out of my comfort zone! The speakers were amazing.
- Danae: What a blessing this was! My favorite was the icebreaker sessions when we arrived!
- Mollie: Changed my life – what an opportunity, I learned a lot about being a leader.
- Heidi: I made 275 new friends! – The action never stopped!
- Elizabeth: Thank you so much for the opportunity – I’ve “broken free!”
- Ben: What a wonderful opportunity, great food. We all became a family – especially with the discussion groups. I received 118 texts by the time I got home!
- The camp is run by alumni
- More photos and info – www.ryla5330.org
The focus of Tim’s presentation was that we don’t need government interfering in all our lives and businesses. We need to get government interference reduced!